Are you keeping up with the latest podcast statistics?
Podcasts are growing, improving and innovating every day. More exposure means more value, wider reach, and bigger influence. Did you know that approximately 70 Million Americans listen to podcasts monthly?
The folks at Podcast Insights are keeping tabs on all sorts of interesting podcast statistics, from how to where, when and what people are listening to!
Check out some cool stats below. We were impressed, we think you will be too.
- 51% of podcast listening is done at home
- 22% listen while driving (in a vehicle)
- Podcast listeners subscribe to an average of 6 shows
- Podcast listeners listen to an average of 5 different shows per week
- 86% listen to all or most of each episode
- Podcast listening on a computer went up from 29% to 31% (smartphone listening went from 71% to 69% respectively)
- 65% of monthly podcast listeners have been listening for less than 3 years
- Comedy is the most popular podcasting genre, followed by education and news
Click the link below to head to Podcast Insights for the full article!Read Article