“Don’t wait for things to happen…Follow these simple steps to get the most out of your podcast.”
- Consistently post episodes as they are released (at least one per month) with enticing descriptions and appropriate links to access the podcast.
- Consistently repost older episodes (at least TWICE per month) with appropriate links to access the podcast.
- Use general to specific hashtags to increase visibility i.e. #jobseekers #interviewing #Workforce180 #180Podcast
- Search for relevant forums and groups where your topics are popular to join and actively participate in.
SARI SAYS: Follow, interact with, and share posts from others. Support them and they will support you.
- Embed (we give you the code) an easy to locate player into your website, so all episodes can be easily streamed and/or downloaded.
- Include links to subscribe to your show on both Apple and Google podcasts.
- Provide a clear list of all the ways listeners can stream the podcast because each listener may have a preferred way.
SARI SAYS: make your podcast prominent on your home page. Don’t make it so hard to find!
- Every relevant employer your organization engages with should know about and be educated on, how to access the podcast.
SARI SAYS: provide them with wording they can share from their platforms to promote your podcast (don’t just ask them to do it)
- Turn your podcast content into videos, flyers, graphics, blogs or social posts so it gets as much exposure as possible.
- Post behind the scenes, sneak peek photos and videos that your viewers and listeners will enjoy.
- Audiograms: post short clips of your podcast audio as a teaser to the full episode, to stimulate interest.
SARI SAYS: pull quotes from episodes to promote your content, as this will give your audience a preview of what they can expect.
- Make sure every job seeker is told about the podcast and instructed on the ways they can listen to it. They will like that it’s free!
- No matter what they come in for or contact your organization about, they should be introduced to the podcast.
SARI SAYS: anytime you share information with jobseekers, mention the FREE podcast. Direct them to a specific episode they would enjoy!
- Provide your guests with standard wording they can easily share on their platforms to promote the episode they appear on.
SARI SAYS: Make sure they have subscribed to your podcast so they can instruct their community, employers, friends, etc to do so as well.
- Make sure every employee at your organization has subscribed to the show via their smartphone so they can stay informed.
- Encourage employees to share the podcast posts from company pages on their personal pages since they usually have big networks.
- Every employee should be educated on the podcast and how it aids and enhances your business objectives.
SARI SAYS: ask employees to leave positive reviews for the podcast on the various directories in which it is listed.